One of the topics that comes up here on occasion is the lost art of writing letters and postcards. That can also include thank-you cards. I suspect the percentage of people who send them has dropped precipitously in the past quarter century.
This is a thank-you card that I sent, with the help of Mom, to my grandmother1 (who we called "Beembom," thanks to my pronunciation issues) in December 1976, right around the time I turned 6 years old.
Things we learn from the below note:
- I had an odd problem in which I wrote some of my numbers backwards.
- Even then, I loved books.
- I WAS AN ALL CAPS KIND OF CHILD.
1. Other posts mentioning my grandmother:
- My grandmother's bookplate
- 100th anniversary of Bingham "rediscovering" Machu Picchu
- Potluck Day: Two inscriptions and photos from France