|Postcard of the Pennsylvania Turnpike's Fort Littleton|
interchange, from a November 2011 post.
- Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission: "Pennsylvania's Roads Before the Automobile"
- Postcrossing: "Ellen Clapsaddle's postcards"
- The New York Times: "Rubber-Suit Monsters Fade. Tiny Tokyos Relax." by Martin Fackler (Godzilla alert!)
- Curbed: "Revisiting The 11 Pools Whose Gala Openings Defined 1936," which examines one of the legacies of Robert Moses, by Hana R. Alberts
- i09: "Lovecraft sketch shows the author's vision for Mountains of Madness" by Meredith Woerner
- English Russia: Not a "read," necessarily, but a jaw-dropping photo gallery titled "1920s: Indigenous Peoples of Kamchatka"
- Brain Pickings: "Natural Histories: 500 Years of Rare Science Illustrations" by Maria Popova
- Smithsonian.com: "Deep in the Swedish Wilderness, Discovering One of the World’s Greatest Restaurants" by Rachel Nuwer
- Bibliodeviancy: "Fear and Loathing in Book-ville" (regarding the intersection of the rare-book trade and the internet)
- The Atlantic: "How to Make Nice With the Call Center" by Deborah Fallows (a short, fun piece on linguistics)
- Colossal: "Secret Fore-Edge Paintings Revealed in Early 19th Century Books at the University of Iowa"