Happy Fourth of July!
I have a Revolutionary post come up later this afternoon. In the meantime, I wanted to share this vintage postcard of Philadelphia's historic Independence Hall (constructed from 1732–1753) and links to some past patriotic-themed coverage on Papergreat.
This very American postcard was, ironically, published by Raphael Tuck & Sons of England and printed in Germany. Oh well.
Fourth of July links
- American flag history, compliments of Leinbach & Bro. in Reading
- Excerpts from 1856 book: "Songs and Ballads of the American Revolution"
- The Life of Abraham Lincoln For Young Folks
- Prudential booklet on signers of the Declaration of Independence
- World War II clippings from Grit, Part 1
- World War II clippings from Grit, Part 2
- More Grit World War II clippings
- Seven sons from Lancaster County family served in World War II