These are the things we leave behind...
This drawing, scrawled on a 4x6 index card, was tucked away inside a used copy of Charles de Lint's story collection Tapping the Dream Tree.
Also, for what it's worth, here's a conversation I overheard while in the bookstore where I found this piece of ephemera:
Mom: You going to get a book?Related posts
Teen daughter: I don't read.
Mom: I'm going to smack you in the back of the head with a book. You read all the time! ... Even when you do math, you read.
- Sketch of superhero-like dog inside Encyclopedia Brown book
- A pair of $10 Baltimore Colts-New York Jets tickets from the 1970s
- 1966 Tulpehocken High sports schedule tucked inside a book
- Dubble Bubble Quiz tucked away inside an old schoolbook
- A time-honored school tradition: The excuse note
- Deer drawing inside a World War II history book
- "Mind not the Blush that burns your cheek" (plus gratuitous goats)