James Douglas Bird
Arnold Ray "Bake" McBride
Barry Clifton Foote1
Warren Scott Brusstar
The late Arnulfo Acevedo "Nino" Espinosa
Lawrence Robert "Larry" Bowa
Here are some more baseball-related Papergreat links you might have missed over the years.
- Why time begins on Opening Day
- Down memory lane with 1983 Topps Baseball Sticker Album
- Richie Ashburn: Philadelphia's favorite Nebraska farm boy
- Collection of Phillies ticket stubs
- Baseball-themed advertisements from a 1953 Phillies scorecard
- 1973 Spartanburg Phillies program
- Keeping score at the 1982 Little League World Series
- Warm up with baseball photos from the early 20th century
- John Doll's 1929 baseball predictions
- MLB in '44: "An additional one dollar to take care of a midnight snack"
- Postcard: Wanamaker's and the 1911 World Series
- Vintage baseball photo to help tide you over until spring training
- From 1916: Hey kids, sell Friend Soap and get a free baseball outfit
- It's Opening Day! Do you have Phillies Phever?
- 5 great portraits from the 1949 book "Baseball Personalities"
1. Barry Foote only played 57 games with the Phillies in 1977 and 1978. He was the third overall pick in the first round of the 1970 Major League Baseball Draft (by the Montreal Expos). Players selected after him in the first round included Darrell Porter and Darnell "Disco Dan" Glenn Ford. Actually, it was a pretty terrible first round, in retrospect.