This one is cool, because we don't get too many pigs here on Papergreat.1 There is no identifying information on the back of the photo, which is printed on Velox paper. I acquired this one in Shrewsbury.
I can't quite read the looks on the faces of the boy and (presumably) his mother. Are they fond of the pig? Or are they eyeing it up for the scrapple, bacon and sausage that it will one day provide to the farm table?
1. Previous pig-related posts:
- Vintage trade card featuring two kids riding a large pig
- "Piggy Pork: His Odyssey" by Thomas Yost Cooper
- Farmers, this is what happens when you leave pigs and goats unattended
- Le Porc: 200 ways to cook a pig