I'm so glad he got in touch, because Jaffe's blog is outstanding and I hadn't known about it. He has been blogging consistently -- about 65 long, in-depth posts per year -- since 2006. So you could lose yourself for hours in his archives! His self-description states: "I have been collecting bookplates for well over thirty years and am always interested in buying collections or exchanging duplicates with other collectors."
I knew Jaffe was a man after my own heart when I saw that his first post of 2012 was titled "If I had more disposable income I would be dangerous."1 How true!
Some of Jaffe's posts include:
- Magician's Bookplates
- Soylent Green, Tom Mix And Sam Colt
- Airplanes on Bookplates
- Silent Film Star Bookplates - Part One
- Silent Film Star Bookplates - Part Two
- Judaica Bookplates For Exchange
- And the image in today's post comes from the August 2011 post Recent Discoveries and Pending Research
Between Confessions of a Bookplate Junkie and Hotel Stationery, I feel like I've added a pair of home-run links to the Cool Stuff Elsewhere section of Papergreat in the past couple of weeks!
1. Cue stern look from wife. "What did we just get you for Christmas?" she would ask. Indeed, my Christmas haul included oodles of wonderful books and ephemera from my wife, mother, mother-in-law and good friend Nina Zeiders of "Aspiring Memories by Nina." But that doesn't mean I can't look at other pieces of paper, right?