...which is what it is here in southcentral Pennsylvania.
This four-inch-wide illustration once belonged to a girl name named Elsie, per the cursive handwriting on the back.
Here are some previous posts with illustrations of people reading. Browse them, if you wish. But, after that, my best recommendation for you today is to get offline, grab a book, find a cozy spot and do some reading!
- Quaker Oats takes you "Around the World with Hob"
- A dark and stormy night ... and a good book
- A trio of cool cover illustrations (including Georgina Finds Herself)
- More fabulous covers from vintage juvenile-fiction books (including Grace Harlowe)
- A very old Jules Verne book cover and a 1960 band photo
- Illustration of a man reading a book in an uncomfortable position