I have a new job!
Today is my second day of work at Lancaster Newspapers Inc., which hired me to serve as sports editor for the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era, Sunday News and LancasterOnline. To mark the occasion, here are some links to previous Papergreat posts that featured content from Lancaster County.
- Card from Wayside Gospel Crusaders
- Postcard: County Alms and Asylum and this followup post
- Postcard: Religious sects of Lancaster County
- Crown Coal, J.W. Wolgemuth and Wenger Feeds
- Old receipt for Landis Stone Meal Company
- Newspaper clipping: Seven sons from Lancaster County family served during World War II
- 10 great Pennsylvania postcards from the 20th century
- Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for funeral pie (aka raisin pie)
- Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine: Schnitz and knepp recipe on old napkin
- Cooking up some calf's head soup, pawnhaas, tzitterli and streivlin
- Peering inside 1944's "Strange Fruit" by Lillian Smith (from L.B. Herr's Book Store)
- Illustrations of Pennsylvania's orphanages, circa 1880
And I have some new Lancaster-themed posts planned for this week, so stay tuned!