Titled "Marketplace," it contains the usual advertisements for people looking to buy and sell out-of-print books.
But some of the other items are strange, obscure or creepy. Here's a rundown:
- "STARTRIPPING" Epic SFantasy novel in comics form. Thick, high quality stock, color cover and dust jacket! 1.50, make checks payable to David Reulet. Send to Dave Reulet and Dragon Grafix, RD #6, Saratoga Springs, N.Y. 12066. [Me: Does anyone have this book??]
- HOROSCOPE: Send birth date/place/Time - $10.00: Keddy, Box 203, Oquossoc, Maine, 04964 [Me: $10 in 1977 is the equivalent of $40 today. Yikes!]
- DATES GALORE! Meet singles - anywhere. Call DATELINE, toll-free (800) 451-3245
- MAD SCIENTIST and lovely assistant seek fascinating new acquaintances. So. Cal. P.O. 367, Sunset Beach, CA 90742. [Me: Um.]
- BEAUTIFUL MEXICAN GIRLS needing American boy-friends. Details, Photos "Free." World, Box 3876-Fan, San Diego, CA 92103
- ESP LABORATORY. This new research service group can help you. For FREE information write: AL G. Manning, ESP Laboratory, 7559 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, Calif. 90046
- AMAZING TIBETAN EYE CHART. Helps eliminate glasses. $2.00. Donley, Box 988D Port Hueneme, California.
- Join organization for world freedom. Terry, 3482 Marques Court, 94546
It would be interesting to check in with some of these folks, nearly 40 years later. I'm especially interested in how Terry's efforts are going.
Other classified posts
- Classified advertisements from a 1932 issue of Hobbies magazine
- York, Pa., news items and classifieds from an August 1944 issue of Grit
- Guide to American summer camps from 102 years ago
- More advertisements from 1905 issue of The Outlook
- Clippings from the October 1935 issues of the St. Paul Dispatch, Part 4