Here are some reruns to check out while you're soaking the turkey in its brine and wondering why CBS aired Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer LAST NIGHT.
- Bettina's Thanksgiving in the country (and other dinner suggestions): Featuring plum pudding, jellied capon, roast stuffed squab, Tutti Frutti mousse and much more.
- Three colorful vintage Thanksgiving postcards featuring turkeys: Featuring one card of a turkey posing with the axe that's about to do him in.
- 1971 Thanksgiving gift edition of Ideals magazine: Featuring a poem that begins "How much we love the witchery of November" and a reference to the Kansas Jayhawker Song.
- Bulletin-board material for Thanksgiving: Featuring a nostalgic look at those seasonal displays that teachers put up on their classroom walls.
- Stock photo of pilgrims and a dead turkey from a 1940 magazine: Featuring a blunderbuss and a woman with a very large pumpkin.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there from our family, which I am so thankful for and is the most important thing in my world.
P.S. - Don't eat too much tofurkey! You won't be able to stay awake for the Steelers-Ravens game.