I think this is my favorite illustration from the various Christmas cards and items that I have posted this month (although those that I have saved for Tuesday and Wednesday are fairly stellar, too).
This card, titled "Bright Days Always," is just wonderfully atmospheric, with its pockets of colorful holiday cheer punching through the cold and gloomy December weather. Plus, of course, full moons always make for dramatic illustrations and photographs.1
Inside the undated card, which was printed in England, is the following Christmas message, from Father to Anna and Earl...
And here's a closer look at the Victorian-era musicians and their portable lamp.
1. I have been stockpiling a nice little set of vintage "full moon" postcards that I plan to share in a gallery sometime in 2014. In the meantime, here are some previous posts featuring the moon:
- Postcard: "The Tower and Hotel, on Mount Penn. Reading, Pa."
- Saturday's postcard and 8 things about Hotel del Coronado
- Saturday's Japanese postcards: Two Otsu-e and two moonlit nights
- Moonlit castle in Massachusetts (Postcard Blogathon 2013)
- Saturday's postcard: Canterbury Cathedral by Elmer Keene