AND WIELD AN AXE
Happy Thanksgiving! This vintage postcard, which features a very large axe, was mailed to Master John Miller of Delta, Pennsylvania, in November 1917.
The note on the back states:
Hello John: I suppose you are having a great time this week, doing a little of everything.
For some perspective, York and Delta are about 30 to 35 miles apart, depending on the route taken. It's a slower and curvy drive today and I'm guessing it was still a full day's trip in 1917.
Previous Thanksgiving posts
- Bettina's Thanksgiving in the country (and more meal suggestions)
- Nostalgic school bulletin-board material for Thanksgiving
- Three colorful vintage Thanksgiving postcards featuring turkeys
- Stock photo of pilgrims and a dead turkey from a 1940 magazine
- 1971 Thanksgiving gift edition of Ideals magazine
- If you still need a Thanksgiving dessert, make some strawberry pie
- I'd blame the tryptophan, but cat pileups like this happen every day