The first mystery real photo postcard of 2017 is a true mystery, as is often the case. And it's one that will likely never be solved.
There's no identifying information or writing on the front or back. The AZO stamp box on the back, with all four triangles pointing upward, sets the date range for this photograph between 1904 and 1918, according to www.playle.com.
I do have one thought, though. The young woman on this postcard could be the same woman who appears on the postcard that I featured in February 2016. Here they are, side by side...
And, full disclosure, it's likely I purchased these two postcards at the same time, but I can't be 100 percent sure any more. If they are from the same batch, that would lend more credence to the idea that it's the same woman. Of course, that doesn't get us any closer to knowing her name. But that's another matter.
Other mystery RPPCs
- Family from 100-plus years ago
- Toddler in a rocking chair
- Mystery classroom (1907-1929)
- Young woman and young man
- Vintage tree huggers
- Well-dressed girl and chair
- The old man and the boat
- Four women sitting on the ground
- Who were these three kids?
- Just an ordinary fella
- 5 young ladies (4 of them cheery)